Each Nanwakolas member First Nation community plan was integrated into a broader Ha-ma-yas plan representing the collective interests and direction of member First Nations for the North Vancouver Island sub-region of MaPP.
This plan was prepared by the Nanwakolas Marine Planning Team, with the advice of a Nanwakolas Marine Working Group comprised of:
- Da'naxda'xw Awaetlatla: - Fred Glendale, Tony Wong
- Tlowitsis: - Chief John Smith, Danial Smith
- Wei Wai Kum: - Tony Roberts, Curtis Wilson
- Kwiakah: - Chief Steven Dick, Frank Voelker
- K'omoks: - Stew Hardy, Melissa Quocksister
Upon the completion of the North Vancouver Island Plan, jointly prepared with the province, the Ha-ma-yas plan was reviewed and some minor adjustments made to include new information and ideas. A draft summary version of the Ha-ma-yas plan is posted on this page.
For more information regarding the Nanwakolas Council marine planning activities please contact Scott Harris, Marine Planner at scottharris [at] nanwakolas [dot] com.